Retail With Us
Now, back to talking about big ideas… We’ve answered our most common questions so we can see how our goals match up.
If your question isn’t answered here, then be sure to contact us. We’ll be waiting for you.
What is an RMU?
A retail merchandising unit is a modern, high-quality, functional and temporary selling station designed to place your products before the most shoppers possible. An RMU can easily be set up and taken down, stocked with new goods, rearranged to create new shelf space, or changed in appearance to match the walkways and common areas in shopping centres.
We provide RMUs for you. You get a space with lighting, seating, storage bins and drawers, and soft-sided security. Plus, we have certified staff to make sure everything stays up and running and to see that all codes and regulations are met. What could be more straightforward than that?
Who can be a merchant?
We tailor programmes (we call it ‘speciality retail leasing’) to a variety of clients. Are you an entrepreneur, wholesaler, importer, artisan, craft worker, manufacturer, cataloguer, online seller or shop owner looking to expand? We hope so.
Why should I use an RMU?
Our programmes allow you to test new products or services in a low-risk environment with low initial investment. You don’t have to lock yourself into a lengthy lease, as we offer commitments of two weeks to six months.
Your products will go in front of consumers predisposed to spending (and usually willing to make an impulse buy or two), and your brand will gain consumer confidence by being located in a big-name centre.
How much does this type of retailing cost?
The actual cost varies. We customise a pricing package to meet your needs, with these factors in mind:
- Your chosen shopping centre
- Time of year
- Cost of goods
- Weekly rents
What products are best for RMUs?
Multiple retail concepts have been proven successful:
- Trendy, unique or one-of-a-kind items
- Impulse buys
- Handmade arts and crafts
- Seasonally themed or holiday products
- Professional and personal services
How can the Retail Profile team help?
We try to be useful by offering things like these:
- Free signs that match both the centre appearance and your brand identity
- Business consultancy to boost profits or begin a new concept
- Consolidated promotional and marketing support (translation: we help with adverts)
- Effective RMU placement, based on shopping-traffic patterns and location of permanent stores
- Help with electrical and phone connections to your unit
- Visual merchandising assistance to keep your RMU attractive
How do I start?
It’s not hard:
- Identify what you want to sell
- Develop your business plan (Retail Profile can help with packaging and presentation).
- After Retail Profile gain centre approval, our retailing experts will help you set up and promote your concept and product.